Commercial Building Control Surveyors
Location: Southwest Region – flexible working with occasional weekly attendance at our Portishead or Plymouth office.
Hours: 37.5 hrs per week, Monday to Friday
About the role
Cook Brown Building Control Services provide an Approved Inspector service with the aim of providing a high-quality service to ensure a healthy and safe environment whilst assisting clients throughout the construction process. It is set up as a commercial business to deliver a quality-based Building Control Service to external clients in a competitive arena.
Due to continued growth, we have exciting vacancies for experienced commercial building control surveyors in our Southwest Region.
We work on a wide range of exciting projects across the country supported by a network of in-house inspecting surveyors.
We have a great back of house infrastructure with solid admin support and we`ll support you through the BSR Registered Building Inspector process and your career development.
• Good working knowledge of commercial building regulations and guidance.
• Excellent proactive service and response skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative and effectively maintain a portfolio of commercial projects.
• Available to carry out inspections in a reasonable inspection area.
• Willing to contribute to the team and have a can-do ethos.
Roles and responsibilities
• Delivering a professional Approved Inspector Service to our clients, ensuring construction projects meet all relevant Building Control Standards. Duties to be undertaken in accordance with the Cook Brown Building Control Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Policy.
• Advising clients on building issues, including technical standards and achieving compliance with the Building Regulations.
• Undertaking site inspections of work in progress to ensure compliance with the Building Regulations and allied legislation.
• Any other duties as required by the Company.
The post holder will be appointed at a level appropriate to qualifications and experience. Progression between the grades of this post will be dependent upon the attainment of further qualifications, experience and a competency assessment.
This job description only contains the main duties relating to this post and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out, and there will be an expectation that the post holder will carry out other duties that reasonably fall within the general nature of the level of responsibility of the post. The responsibilities contained within this job description are subject to annual review and may need to be adjusted in line with service developments.
Why join our group
Hickton Group comprises of several businesses. Group structure continues our ambition to be a leading multi-disciplinary provider of quality inspection and consultancy services in the construction sector. Being part of the Group means that there is a coordinated approach to Commercial Business, Marketing, Resourcing, Finance, Business Support, Operations and Corporate Governance, to provide technical excellence and exceptional service to our clients. This provides greater opportunities to work for a larger Group of companies, giving you continuous growth in your own personal development plans and careers.
We employ people who embrace and deliver our core Group values: Quality, Client Focus, Honesty, Integrity, Competency, Teamwork, Development, Accountability and Exceptional Service.
If this sounds like a team that you would like to be part of, in return we will provide the following:
• Competitive salary
• Continuous personal development (CPD) opportunities
• Health cover
• Enhanced employer pension contributions
• Holiday accrual scheme
• Go 1 online training platform
• A friendly and professional working environment with an ‘open door’ ethos.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org